Recipes that are Low in Carbohydrates
Consuming low carbohydrate recipes means taking up carbohydrates in moderation since it restricts you from high-carbohydrate content foods. As a result of following a low-carb diet, people often dwell with eating foods high in protein and natural fats to sustain their bodily needs. High-protein foods prevent you from eating too much or beyond your food requirement because it reduces your appetite by sustaining your body for a longer time.
Studies have proved that low-carb diets allows losing weight much easier and controls you blood sugar level.
And since we’re talking about recipes, you can’t go home without having easy-to-do instructions and procedures on how to make different low -carb foods. We have provided low carbohydrate recipes on foods that a lot of people find delicious such as bread, tortillas, and ice cream. When you are on a diet, among the foods that you restrict yourself from eating are bread, tortillas, and ice cream. But believe or not, you can now satisfy your cravings without feeling guilty.
3 Recipes Tips from Someone With Experience
Low carbohydrate bread recipe
If You Think You Understand Meals, Then Read This
2 cups Almond flour
1/4 cup of Psyllium husk powder
1/4 cup Coconut oil
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven at 177 degrees Celsius and then place a parchment paper on the bottom of a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Put the almond flour, baking powder, sea salt and psyllium husk powder inside a large bowl and stir.
3. Follow the coconut oil, eggs, and warm water and stir continuously.
4. Get the batter and place it inside the pan.
5. Press the top of the batter evenly and form a rounded top.
6. Bake it for 50-60 minutes and insert a toothpick from time to time to check if it is done.
7. Remove the baked bread once it cools completely.
Low carbohydrate tortillas recipe
1/4 cup of psyllium husks ground
1 cup almond flour
baking powder,1/4 tsp
2 tbsp coconut flour
sea salt,1/2 tsp
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup of hot water
hot water, depends on how much is needed
1. Form a gel by immediately blending the psyllium and hot water inside a small bowl.
2. Mix the almond flour, sea salt, coconut flour, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
3.Get the dry almond flour mixture and knead the psyllium gel with it until the psyllium gel is evenly distributed, do this while adding hot water as needed.
4. Make round tortilla shapes by dividing the kneaded dough into 6 equally sized balls and then pressing each ball to make it as thin as possible.
Heat the oil inside the pancake grill to about 177 degrees Celsius and then grill each tortilla until it turns brown.
Low carbohydrate ice cream recipe
heavy whipping cream, 1 cup
1.5 tablespoon of Coco powder
Swerve confectioner, 1/3 cup
1/2 teaspoon extract of Vanilla
two large egg yolks
1. Prepare a medium heat sauce pan and then place the heavy whipping cream and swerve confectioner inside letting it boil and simmer.
2. While it simmers, add the coco powder and mix it well with the previous mixture and try to get as many chunks as possible.
3. Mix the vanilla extract and egg yolks in a separate bowl.
4. Continuously stir the mixture of coco powder, cream, and sugar until it becomes thick and then cool it for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk the cream mixture and egg yolks together until a you make slight froth.
6. Cool the mixture for 4-6 hours inside the freezer.